Over the course of 30 years the Bingham Quartet has performed and recorded a huge variety of chamber music! They have played most of the major works in the repertoire, but have never shied away from contemporary music – instead championing many young composers over the years, and recording many lesser known pieces.
Their concert programmes are therefore imaginative and varied, as they can draw upon a wide range of music. Programmes are tailor-made to meet promoter’s requirements. The following list is in no way intended to be comprehensive, but might prove useful as a guide to the range of repertoire available.
- Haydn – wide range available
- Mozart – “Hunt”, “Dissonance” and most of the well-known quartets, plus the clarinet quintet
- Schubert – “Death and the Maiden”, A minor, and other works including the cello quintet
- Beethoven – all quartets are available!
- Dvorak – “American”, op.51
- Mendelssohn – several pieces available, including the octet
- Shostakovich – several works including quartets 1, 3, 7, 8 and 9
- Britten – quartets 1, 2 and 3
- Tippett – Quartets 2 and 3
- Janacek – “The Kreutzer Sonata”
- Ravel – Quartet
- Samuel Barber – Quartet
- Steve Reich – “Different Trains”
- Philip Glass – “Company”
- George Crumb – “Black Angels”
- Elizabeth Maconchy – several quartets including nos. 1 and 5
- Other contemporary works by composers such as Martin Butler, Peter Sculthorpe, Anthony Gilbert, Aulis Sallinen and many more
Please contact the Quartet to discuss your programme requirements.